Sunday, 28 April 2013

Week 16 Reflection


I spent the majority of this week working on A Midsummer Nights Dream, when creating my plan I should have taken into consideration how much of my time this would take up and because of this I didn’t achieve as much as I had planned however I did manage to get a lot of work done considering I was at the theatre assisting in wardrobe and dressing for the majority of the week. I did get work done on my hat and I have begun to block the brim and I have stretched the main part of the hat. I spent several days in the dye room with Bethany to create a recipe for my 3PO waistcoat, as the fabric needs to be dip dyed. I then managed to cut out and dye my fabric on Friday. I am happy with how they dying has taken and I have shown it to the designer and she is also happy with it. I will need to paint into the dye to create the effect in the design but this will happen at a later date.  Whilst I was at the theatre I managed to get uni work done in between dressing. I have finished the trousers for 3PO to the photo shoot stage; I just have to wait for the lining to be dyed by the supervisor before I can add this to the trousers. I also need to speak to a tutor on finishing methods. I also spent time working on my BE trousers and I have also managed to finish these completely; I now need to remove the tacking and press them. All I have to do now is complete the jacket and the first part of my EMP project will be complete. This week had been so busy I haven’t had much time to keep up with my theory work however I feel that I am on top of it. I have managed to work on PPP organising the photos for my portfolio, complete my CV and designing my business cards. Next week I am going to push my self to work hard and I feel that if I keep to the pace I have worked this week, without the pressure of MSND I will be able to get a lot done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment