This week has
been very productive and I am beginning to start to keep up to date with my
theory work however I still need to catch up with my PPP unit. I had my 3PO
toile fitting and this went really well. The waistcoat fits nicely and there
are only minor alterations, the trousers were slightly too tight and didn’t
give enough room for movement so I extended the pattern and had a second
fitting on Thursday. After the fitting Thursday I discovered that the reason
the trousers were to tight it that I am used to using tailoring patterns which
include a seam allowance however the pattern I used didn’t include a seam
allowance meaning that the trousers had no ease in them. I will make sure I
leave a sufficient seam allowance in the trousers encase any extra ease is
needed. I also started hat making this week and this is a really interesting
new skill to learn and one that I have no experience in. I will record all of
the skills I learn from it on my workbook to refer to in the future. I spent Friday
helping out with the Midsummer Nights Dream production. Although I am very busy
I have chosen to dress on this project and help as an assistant maker as I hope
to gain extra experience. Overall a very busy week and I can now see how little
time I have left in both EMP and PPP, I am going to have to push myself really
hard now so that when it comes to later in the project I am not rushed.
No comments:
Post a Comment