Sunday, 21 April 2013

Side Entry Trouser Pockets


I have created side entry pockets before however I have never created slanted ones as is shown in my design. I referred back to Metric Pattern Cutting for Menswear to see the shapes if the facings that would be needed.

I then constructed the pocket in a similar way to all side entry pockets. Starting by stitching the facings onto the Silesia, then attaching one side of the pocket to the trousers, folding it over, rolling the seam and securing. Then tacking the second piece of pocketing behind and stitching around the pocketing, the pocket is then caught in with the waistband and trouser side seam. 



As I am not creating these trousers in a traditional way and they are being used for a very physical piece of theatre I am also overlocking my seams to make sure they hold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment