Saturday, 13 October 2012

The Paper Cinema's Odysseys


I went to see the Paper Cinemas Odyssey at the Pier Theatre. I really didn’t know what to expect when I went to see this performance as illustration and puppetry is not something that I have really looked at before.  This piece of theatre was really enjoyable though and I felt completely immersed in what was going on. 3 live musicians, who you saw onstage, used a range of different instruments and objects to create the sound track to story, brought this piece together. There was so much to look at, as I wanted to watch the musicians, the screen and the couple doing the puppetry. I enjoyed how you could see how it was being created and they would walk across the stage to do different things. This interaction made the performance feel real and gave the piece even more life. 

http://thepapercinema.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment