I have spent the last week researching different patterns
trying to find the exact style that would have been worn in the last 1920s, and
the 1930’s. I found it very difficult to find anything that gave me an exact description
of the key details so I could draft the pattern as accurately as possible. I then
discovered that the modern tailor, clothier and outfitter was written in 1929
meaning that the patterns in there would have been current at the time and
therefore would be accurate and work well for my design. I am going to use the
lounge jacket pattern from this book and the pattern for Plus Four. I am going
to draft the waistcoat using Grahams own instruction that are the same as the ones
I used in Level 5. I am glad that I did a lot of research for this project as I
feel that It has broadened my knowledge of 1930s male tailoring however lots of
what I have found is not necessarily relevant. Below I have included copies of the relevant research that I feel
is important.
![]() |
|
Bridgland,
A.S. (1928) The Modern Tailor Outfitter
and Clothier. Ferndale Book Company. UK.
|
![]() |
|
Hamilton
Hill, M. (1967) The Evolution of Fashion:
Pattern and Cut from 1066 to 1930. B. T. Batsford LTD. London
|




No comments:
Post a Comment