Monday, 7 January 2013

Extended Major Project



I have chosen to split EMP into two separate parts, the first part will be for the first 7 weeks of the project and the second will be completed during the remainder of the project. I chose a self-directed project for the first half of EMP, as I wanted to create a piece of work that I could use as a portfolio piece that would showcase my skills.   For this part I will be creating a suit from the TV series Boardwalk Empire, which follows Enoch ‘Nucky’ Thompson (based on the Historical character Enoch L. Johnson) in the Atlantic City in the early 1920’s during the alcohol Prohibition.  I have chosen the suit that is worn in the opening credits of the show. The suit is a pin stripped, double-breasted three-piece suit. I chose to create this as I wanted to gain new technical skills as well as working with a pattern match.  For the second part of EMP I wanted to work on a live project, I chose The Threepenny Opera as I was a big project which required tailors. I chose a live project as it involves working in a team with directors, designers, supervisors and actors. At the moment I know very little about this project but I am excited to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment