I cut out in
cloth adding seam allowances and inlays.
Because the cloth has a chalk stripe I had to
consider a pattern match when cutting out, I also needed to consider the angle
of the stripe to make sure this was always at the same angle. To do this I marked
the top of the fabric on the wrong side making sure this all the pattern pieces
were led according to this.
the jacket back I have decide to
have vents in the side seam. I have taken this detail from the image below.
![]() |
|
Blackman, C. (2009).100
Years of Menswear. London:
Laurence King (p.92)
|
This image is of
a late 1920’s gangster suit and I like the image that the vents create to allow
for these I had to consider them when cutting out. I started around 4’’ above
the waistline and they are 2’’ wide. I have left plenty of fabric as I can cut
away the excess. I have also added allowances of 1’’ along the side of the
turn-ups and 2’’ below the turn-ups encase there are any alterations which need
to be made to the length of the trousers. All the added seam allowances can be
seen below in red.
Jacket and waistcoat front
Inlays of 2cm
·
Shoulder
·
Side seam
Seam allowance
·
4cm down the CF following round the hemline.
·
1.5 cm around the neck
·
1.5cm around the armhole
Seam allowance
· 2.5cm at the Centre back
· 1.5 cm around the neck line
· 1.5cm around the armhole
· 4cm along the hemline
Trousers Front
·
1.5cm at the waistline
·
Allowance around turn-up
Trousers Back
·
1.5cm along the waistline up to the back of the point
·
5cm at the front of the point
·
5cm in the seat tapering to the curve where the is no allowance
·
Allowance around turn-up







No comments:
Post a Comment