Thursday, 6 December 2012

Dress Rehearsal and Opening Night


The day started with alterations of several costumes, I took in Peter’s waiters waistcoat and ragamuffin shorts as well as lowering Christopher’s trousers at the back. I also helped with pressing and prepping for the show. The dress rehearsal went smoothly and all our quick changes went well. I help with several different quick changes in the corridor and backstage I stitch Zangler’s sleeve back onto his military jacket after it has been pulled off. After the rehearsal we got all the actors out of costumes, fabreezed all the shirts and tumble dyed them, went through any notes on remaining changes and completed them, ironed the shirts and prepped the rails for the opening show. This was very busy and but we worked as a team and managed to get the majority of alterations completed before we got the actors back into costume. The show went well and we were all now happy with the routine of the production. After the show we tidied up and prepped the costumes for the next day.

I feel that everything is going well and it is really nice to be working on a live production and interacting with the actors. I am learning lots throughout this production and I like the fact that I have made for it then dressed. I am really looking forward to seeing a run of the production now to see how it has all come together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment