When I arrived in uni today I asked the supervisor if she
had any news on my fabric. She rang the shop and they had decided not to send
the order as they apparently didn’t get given the card details and were now out
of stock of the cloth. This meant we had to make a lot of quick decisions or
the suit would never get finished. I spoke to graham and we diced that I would
just be able to get the sleeves out of the cloth but to put in calico sleeves
for the fitting just in case there were any problems. He then looked in haberdashery and found a lining that would
match the cloth and we decided on this for the lining. I will now line the jacket and make
calico sleeves for the fitting. I am glad that I now know what I need to do
Prep for Fitting
- Cut out lining and put in darts
- Attach lining to facing
- Put pocket in lining
- Attach facing to jacket
- Role seam and tack into place
- Baste the lining into jacket
- Slip stitch the seams down
- Hem jacket
- Make calico sleeves
- Put calico sleeves in
- Draft collar
- Tack calico collar on
This week I defiantly have a lot to do and I will really
have to work hard and push myself to make sure that I am ready for my final
fitting. Though I have had problems
with fabric quantities I will still be able to finish the jacket to a high
standard now I have a new lining .
No comments:
Post a Comment