Saturday, 18 May 2013

Bionic Leg - 3PO


As I have finished my makes for The Threepenny Opera I spent today helping on other things which need completing for the dress parade on Monday. This included finishing a bionic leg for one of the beggars. This leg was created with a pair of Lycra legging with one short leg. They had been cut out and partly stitched together and the reverse appliqué outline shape had been tacked on.  




I completed the reverse appliqué and stitched them together; I then fitted them to the actor, adding a waistband and stirrup. 


Once the designer had seen the fitting they decided that they wanted to add elastic strips to give it a more mechanical look.  I pinned the strips on noting the size, I then created the strips out of Lycra and attached them to the leg.


The designer was happy with the final outcome and I now have more experience with working with Lycra.

No comments:

Post a Comment